City of Maumelle Fire Department MaumelleFire.Com

DPS officer Greg McPhail rolls up hose that, luckily, was not needed. A
cooking fire produced a lot of smoke but little damage at a residence
in The Arbour Apartments, last Monday morning.


A lot of smoke, but not much fire

By MYRON RANEY
Maumelle Monitor
February 3, 1988

A grease fire stemming from cooking occurred Monday, February 1, at about 11:30 a.m. at the home of Sharon and David Robinson in th Arbour Apartments, 100 Edgewood Drive. It did little damage and no one was injured. mrs. Robinson was at home alone at the time of the fire.

"It was exploding; things were popping when I decided there wasn't anything I could do about it," Robinson said. "I saw it was completely out of control and I ran out. It was really smoking. A neighbor called the fire department."

Lieutenant Larry Bell, of the Maumelle Department of Public Safety, said they were really luck and that he was able to smother the fire with a lid and didn't need to use any water.

Bell said that DPS received the call and was en-route to the fire at 11:25 a.m. They arrived at the scene at 11:28 a.m,. and had the fire put out and smoke cleared from the apartment at 11:46 a.m.

He said basically all the damaged done was a melted vent-a-hood. Bell said he didn't consider any structural damage done to the building.

  
  

Site Design & Original Content Copyright © 2003-16, Michael Cossey. All Rights Reserved. Don't Steal.
MaumelleFire.Com is the unofficial Web site of the Maumelle Fire Department and is privately owned & operated.
No endorsement of the site's contents by the Maumelle Fire Department or the City of Maumelle is expressed or implied.
HOSTING PROVIDED BY ARKANSASFIRE.NET