City of Maumelle Fire Department Maumelle Fire-RescueMaumelleFire.Com
132 Chambord Dr.

Photos by Michael Cossey

[ Click Here to hear the actual dispatch of the fire. ]

14 June 2004 Kitchen Fire

Upon arrival at 132 Chambord Dr., Engine 1 found smoke showing from the rear of the residence. All occupants were evacuated prior to the fire department's arrival and the homeowner stated that he believed the fire to be out. Upon entry, Engine 1's crew found heavy smoke conditions in the kitchen area and moderate amounts of smoke throughout the residence.

14 June 2004 Kitchen Fire
Food on the stove apparently caught fire, which extended to the microwave and vent hood above the cooking area. Parts of the kitchen cabintry were charred and there was peeling & bubbling of the paint along the ceiling and crown molding. The owner reported that he attacked the fire with a five-pound dry chemical extinguisher.

14 June 2004 Kitchen Fire

Firefighters turned off the stove, removed the smoldering pots and pulled down the vent and microwave to check for fire extension. The fire was confirmed to be out.

14 June 2004 Kitchen Fire
The microwave after it was pulled from the residence.

[ Click Here to Return to Incidents Photo Gallery ]

  
  

Site Design & Original Content Copyright © 2003-16, Michael Cossey. All Rights Reserved. Don't Steal.
MaumelleFire.Com is the unofficial Web site of the Maumelle Fire Department and is privately owned & operated.
No endorsement of the site's contents by the Maumelle Fire Department or the City of Maumelle is expressed or implied.
HOSTING PROVIDED BY ARKANSASFIRE.NET